- Adblock Plus - Right-click on a banner and choose "Adblock" from the context menu - the banner won't be downloaded again.
- All-in-One Gestures - This extension allows you to execute common commands using mouse gestures, rocker navigation, scroll wheel navigation and page scrolling. I'm totally infected, using gestures even outside Firefox now.
- ChatZilla - A clean, easy to use and highly extensible Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client.
- CustomizeGoogle - Enhance Google search results and remove ads and spam.
- del.icio.us Bookmarks - Integrate del.icio.us into Firefox with the del.icio.us extension.
- Download Statusbar - View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar.
- FireFTP - Turn your browser into an FTP Client.
- Google Browser Sync - Synchronize settings between browsers.
- Greasemonkey - Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension which lets you to add bits of DHTML ("user scripts") to any web page to change its behavior. I'm using the following scripts:
- del.icio.us Prettifier - Changes font family and link colors on del.icio.us. This is a modified version of Gina Trapani's del.icio.us Prettifier.
- Gmail Conversation Preview - Right-click on any conversation to get a preview bubble.
- Gmail Label Colors - Optionally colors label names (when they have a #color suffix)
- Gmail Macros - Extra (customizable) keyboard shortcuts and macros. Press 'h' to see a list of all the available shortcut keys.
- HTTP-to-HTTPS redirector - Replace http:// with https:// in the address bar, to make sure you're using the SSL-encrypted version of a page. Only enable for pages that you know are SSL enabled.
- Password Composer - Generates site specific password, based on a single Master Password.
- gTranslate - Translates the selected text via Google Translate
- IE View - Lets you load pages in IE with a single right-click, or mark certain sites to always load in IE. I may replace this plugin by IE Tab but I'm a bit scared of memory leaks (see Problematic extensions).
- Live HTTP Headers - This extension allows the user to see HTTP headers exchanged during an HTTP request. It can be helpful to debug web applications, see what kind of web server the remote site is using, see the cookies sent by the remote site, see the content sent by the browser during a POST request, etc.
- SeleniumIDE - Selenium IDE is an integrated development environment for Selenium tests. It is implemented as a Firefox extension, and allows you to record, edit, and debug tests.
- SwitchProxy Tool - SwitchProxy lets you manage and switch between multiple proxy configurations quickly and easily.
- User Agent Switcher - Adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser.
- Video Downloader - Download videos from Youtube, Google, Metacafe, iFilm, Dailymotion and 60+ video sites! I like to take the power back.
Web Developer - Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools. I'm not using this one very often but like to have it installed anyway.
Firefox plugins I use
I'm a Firefox user and there are a few plugins I can't live without. As I'm using Firefox on several computers, under several OS, and because I'm in the #@$% process of reinstalling my system on my laptop (new HD), I'm listing them here as reminder:
Posted by Pascal Thivent at 23:51
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment