- md5 reverse lookup
A blog entry by a security expert about using Google to find the input leading to a given MD5 hash.
- Goog_Your_Hash - Utility Mill - Utility
Find out if Google knows your password
- Light Blue Touchpaper » Google as a password cracker
A database of MD5 hashes and their corresponding text strings.
- Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator
SWIG is a software development tool that connects programs written in C and C++ with a variety of high-level programming languages. SWIG is used with different types of languages including common scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, Python, Tcl and Ruby
- The "Broken Iron Triangle" Software Development Anti-pattern
Scott Ambler article ont the iron - scope, schedule, resources - triangle
A GTK+ subtitle editor for GNU/Linux. Supports SRT and SSA/ASS.
- Gnome Subtitles | Video subtitling for the GNOME desktop
Gnome Subtitles is a subtitle editor for the GNOME desktop. It supports the most common text-based subtitle formats and allows for subtitle editing, translation and synchronization.
- Gaupol Subtitle Editor
Gaupol is an editor for text-based subtitle files. It supports multiple subtitle file formats and provides means of correcting texts and timing subtitles to match video.
- Introducing Windows CardSpace
This article introduces the set of new Windows capabilities called Windows CardSpace, which provides a standards-based solution for working with and managing diverse digital identities.
- LaCie - 2big Network (2-disk RAID) - Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbits
The 2big Network can act as a file-sharing server, a backup server or an FTP server.
I love Ubuntu but one thing was really pissing me off on my desktop computer: the very annoying No sound in Firefox Flash issue which I'm facing since I upgraded from Feitsy to Gutsy.
But tonight, because I felt frustrated again because of this issue, I googled it one more time, hoping to find something new. A few minutes later, I found a link to a How To Fix The No Sound Issue in Firefox Flash post in the ubuntu forums and decided of course to give it a try.
The post suggests to update the libflashsupport library with a patched version from Paul Betts who is a software engineer at... Microsoft working on hotfixes and updates for Windows :) Anyway, I just installed Paul's version and guess what: sound is now working again in Firefox Flash! Thank you both guys, this is so sweet!
- TwitterFox - naan studio - Trac
This extension adds a tiny icon on the status bar that notifies you when your friends update their tweets. Also it has a small text input field to update your tweets.
- How to win in the Twitter vs. Jaiku battle | Webware : Cool Web apps for everyone
Newbie guide on putting Twitter feed into Jaiku
- Goodbye Twitter. Hello Jaiku. - Vox
Leo Laporte, the former most popular Twitter contributor, explains why he left Twitter for a competing service, Jaiku.
- Joshua : Introduction to Information Cards : MIX Online
Another open standard for identity on the web.
- Welcome to Bandit - Bandit-project.org
The Bandit project creates a community that organizes and standardizes identity-related technologies in an open way, promoting both interoperability and collaboration.
Pownce is a way to send messages, files, links, and events to your friends. You'll create a network of the people you know and then you can share stuff with all of them, just a few of them, or even just one other person really fast.
- Go2Web20.net - The complete Web 2.0 directory
A directory of web 2.0 applications and services.
- Top Five Articles for Presenters
Top five list of best articles for presenters.
- 10 Ways To Get More Done In Less Time | Performancing.com
This article proves 10 time-tested methods to get more work done than before AND free up the time we tend to 'borrow' from outside our work schedule.
- Twitter: What are you doing?
Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?
- python-twitter - Google Code
This library provides a pure python interface for the Twitter API.
- Jaiku | Jaiku - Frequently Asked Questions
Jaiku is a way to connect with friends by sharing short messages called Jaikus. You can create your own stream of Jaikus and follow your friends.
A simple python client for Jaiku.com
- philwilson.org: Post to Twitter from Ubuntu Deskbar
- New Jaiku App For Linux: Pjaiku (Floozle)
A 30-second guide to install Pjaiku on Ubuntu
- OVal - the object validation framework for Java™ 5 or later
OVal is a pragmatic and extensible general purpose validation framework for any kind of Java objects (not only JavaBeans)
- How to turn your blog in to an OpenID
- WAG_RFC_001 - web-alignment-group - Google Code
The primary goals of this memorandum is to define the Heuristic Mapping technology in terms of: Heuristic Action Matching, Heuristic Result Matching, Explicit Mappings.
- VentureCake » Blog Archive » VirtualBox 1.5: the good, the bad, and the ugly
The new VirtualBox brings seamless virtualization to Linux. This puts Linux on par with the Mac - users can run their native desktop but still launch the odd Windows-only program when they need to.
- Pentaho Open Source Business Intelligence: Home
The Pentaho BI Project provides enterprise-class reporting, analysis, dashboard, data mining and workflow capabilities that help organizations operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Talend - provider of open source data integration software
A very easy to install open source data integration / ETL solution seeing rapid adoption that is also easy to use.
- JasperSoft - Open Source Business Intelligence
JasperSoft has one of the best open source reporting solutions on top of their open source BI stack
- Ignite Realtime: Spark IM Client
Spark is a open source, cross platform IM solution with very strong security to help enterprise get over the "security" questions on the use of IM in the enterprise.
- SAP Network Wiki
SAP Memory Analyzer is a fast and feature-rich heap analyzer that helps you easily find big chunks of memory and identify who is keeping these objects alive.
- Software Metrics Don't Kill Projects, Moronic Managers Kill Projects
Any software metric can be abused or misused, but does this mean we should avoid any and all software metrics? Joel Spolsky, Eric Sink, and I have an interesting, late night, conversation.
- Crap4j Home
Crap4j is a Java implementation of the CRAP (Change Risk Analysis and Predictions) software metric – a mildly offensive metric name to help protect you from truly offensive code.
- JCite – Java Source Code Citation System
JCite cites snippets of Java source code or Excel sheets into HTML documents – API documentation, for instance. Citing from tests, or tested code, lets you guarantee that your examples really work. And they get automatic syntax highlighting.